Legal Information & Brand Usage Guidelines
Copyright © Globus family of brands
Please read the following terms and conditions prior to using www.agentlingo.ca. Use of this Web site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This Web site, www.agentlingo.ca, is owned and operated by Lontours Canada Ltd. (d.b.a. Globus® family of brands).
Globus® is a registered trademark.
Globus® family of brands and other content providers hold all copyright and trademark rights to the contents of this Web site (including all logos, information, images, sounds and other materials).
Globus® family of brands retains all rights to www.agentlingo.ca and its content. Non-personal use of the content, including but not limited to, modification, publication, transmission, creation of derivative works from, incorporation into another Web site, or in any other way misrepresenting or exploiting any of the content, in whole or in part, is prohibited without first obtaining written consent from Globus® family of brands.
This Web site is designed to provide information to travel agents about Globus® family of brands and their products. The content of this Web site is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, or available and may be changed at any time without notice.
This Web site is provided "as is", with no warranties whatsoever, express or implied, regarding the content of this Web site or of any links provided by this Web site. All warranties including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use, and non-infringement of proprietary rights are disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Globus® family of brands shall not be liable for any monetary amount, including direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, resulting from use of this Web site or links from this Web site, even if we are notified of the possibility of such damages.
By using this Web site, you agree to indemnify Globus® family of brands, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees from any claim that may arise from your use of this Web site or its contents, and agree to forever release and hold the said parties harmless from all liability, direct or indirect, including legal fees, arising from your use of the Web site or its contents.
Registration #1893755 as a seller of travel under the Travel Industry Council of Ontario does not constitute approval of the seller.
This agreement is governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect unamended. Use of this Web site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including, without limitation, this paragraph.
Globus family of brands Brand Usage & Guidelines
Background—Our Commitment to our Entire Travel Agency Network
These guidelines have been established to clarify the branding relationship between the Globus family of brands and our Travel Agency partner brands. With a vast network of over 12,000 travel agencies, and the immense volume of brand-related information available online and through marketing materials, it benefits our entire network to have a clear understanding of agent and supplier marks, and how the two work to complement one-another.
These guidelines have been formulated to help ensure balance in the retail distribution channel—that no one travel agency gains an upper hand by using Globus family of brands' intellectual property to create the impression of ownership of the brands or "official website" status.
We are happy to clarify any of these guidelines, as well as to work on a case-by-case basis with our Travel Agency partners to ensure the best representation of our brands.
Trademarks, Registrations and Brand Names:
- Travel Agency and reseller partners ("partners") are not authorized to use any of the Globus family of brands' brand terms (Globus, Cosmos, Monograms, Avalon Waterways), names or any mark resembling this intellectual property as part of the partners' corporate, business or trade names, nor to give the appearance of identifying its own businesses and programs without first obtaining the prior written approval of the Globus family of brands. If material containing the Globus family of brands' brand terms/intellectual property is provided by the Globus family of brands to the partner for an express purpose, in that case, Globus family of brands' property shall only be used in the exact form provided by the Globus family of brands.
- Partners may not use Globus family of brands brand terms/intellectual property, or any portion thereof, in any part of a domain name without with, prior, written consent by the Globus family of brands.
- To the extent that the Globus family of brands permits the partner to use any of Globus family of brands' intellectual property, partner may only use that part of the Globus family of brands property as has been approved and for the sole purpose of promoting Globus family of brands' products and services.
- Use of any of Globus family of brands intellectual property must appear with the appropriate trademark symbols with the brand name, brand logo, ship name or other trademarked or registered intellectual property belonging to the Globus family of brands.
Website Usage Guidelines:
In addition to the preceding requirements, the following additional website requirements and guidelines apply to websites and web pages under the direct or indirect control of the partner that are used for marketing and/or displaying Globus family of brands travel services.
- Partner websites must clearly distinguish the agency identity from the Globus family of brands' brands. Any website that includes the Globus family of brands' products and services must clearly indicate that the partner is the website operator, and it must be clear that the partner website is not a Globus family of brands website.
- Globus family of brands brand names, logos and intellectual property cannot be used anywhere on the partner website in conjunction with or directly adjacent to the partner name or logo giving the appearance of identifying its own business with that of the Globus family of brands without the express, prior written consent by the Globus family of brands.
- Partner is not authorized to make the statement, either express or implied, that the website is an "official Globus family of brands' website," or that the Globus family of brands is associated with or has endorsed the partner or its website.
- These guidelines also apply to partner pages on social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- The contents of any and all Globus family of brands websites, including logos, photos, videos, images, text, sounds and other content, are copyrighted and/or owned by the Globus family of brands and/or other content providers. The Globus family of brands retains all rights to these websites and their content. The Globus family of brands can assist partners by providing content appropriate for the display, marketing and selling of our products.
- Partner may only download or copy Globus family of brands content, excluding photographs, from Globus family of brands-provided material or from the Globus family of brands websites expressly for the sole purpose of marketing Globus family of brands' products and services in accordance with these guidelines.
• Any use of the content by partner must be in accordance with all applicable national, foreign or local laws, statutes, rules and regulations, and must not violate the rights of any third party.
• Globus family of brands content that is copied or downloaded may not be modified or altered in any manner.
• Globus family of brands content that is copied or downloaded may never be used to advertise or promote a competitor's product or services.
• Specifically excluded from this consent given by the Globus family of brands are any photographs that appear on any of the Globus family of brands' websites.
As a convenience to you, this Web site may include links to other Web sites beyond the control of Globus family of brands. We are not responsible for the content or quality of other Web sites nor do we endorse Web sites to which a link has been provided.